If you think of happy mail as an intention to cause a smile, you can’t go wrong.
Entering the world of happy mail is like visiting a foreign country.
The vocabulary is new. The references are new. The environment is new!
Our definition: happy mail is a piece of awesome that you send to your swap partner through the United States Postal Service.
I like to think of it in two ways:
- an amazing dose of sunshine in your mailbox.
- something I would love to receive.
The way I see it, you need an address, a greeting card, and a stamp to get started.
Examples of Happy Mail
Suggestions for Beginners
- Swap within your own country, for simplicity and cost efficiency.
- Watch the group you’re in before you set up a swap. Each group has its own rules and setup. Be sure you understand how it’s run.
- Create a postage budget. It gets out of hand… quickly.